Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

California On My Mind

I was born and raised on the East Coast, New Jersey mostly and in the same house from birth until high school. Straight out of high school I joined the Navy and was stationed a few different places in the United States. I went from Chicago to Florida, for a year and a half to San Diego, California where I spent nearly five years. After I finished my contract with the Military in 2006 I remained in San Diego while my husband finished up his contract. We were there until March 2009, almost an exact year ago, when we made the decision to come back to the East where we both were raised. We thought it would be nice to both be close to our families and have a support system for our children while we were in school and working. While it is nice to be close to everyone again the memories of the life we had in California still weigh heavily on my mind. California is a beautiful place with lots of different things to offer. I miss the beautiful weather and the opportunity to enjoy the outdoors so much more often than here. I hate the restlessness of the city and the fact than any plans you make usually require a whole day once you calculate the traffic and the crowd you will encounter. I missed the laid back pace and the beautiful beaches and even the food. I would go back there in a heartbeat, but it is not such an easy move to make with a family and on top of that it is such an expensive place to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment