Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Spare Time

I am fortunate enough to be able to attend school with my M.G.I. bill from my time in the Navy. Effective in August of this past year the M.G.I. Bill was upgraded so that the government would not only pay for you schooling, but they would send you a monthly allotment to cover your rent. Being able to go to school and solely focus on my studies has been a pleasant and much needed vacation from the normal day to day chaos that I was used to. In the past few months I went from being a full-time student and working a full-time job while taking care of my 4 year old son and living in California, away from all of my family. This break has given me ample opportunity to slow down and I am thankful because I know not everyone gets a chance like this. It has been about six months now and I am starting to fear that I may be getting a little bit to used to this type of lifestyle. I think that I really need to become active again and find other productive things to due with my time. Staying at home for over half of the week without any schedule or obligations is just accustoming me to laziness and that is going to make things harder in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment