Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Internet

So I was sitting here at the computer trying to get some homework done and as usual I started surfing the Internet and wasted over an hour of my time doing absolutely nothing. Do you remember the times before we had Internet? Was it so easy to become distracted then? I guess there was always daydreaming, but that could not possibly be nearly as exciting as surfing the web's endless supply of just about anything. Anything you want to know about is pretty much available on the Internet. It is ridiculous how much you can do on your ass in front on the computer these days. To be realistic though it takes us away from life and all of its experiences. I truly wonder how different life would be today if we did not have the Internet. Just think about it no Facebook, YouTube, Microsoft Office, Email and so on. Or even better imagine if the government just jumped in and took it all away from us now, knowing what we already know. It would be devastating! People would not know how to function. With this being said, I am going to make a more conscience effort to be proactive. Spend more time reading and enjoying the outdoors. I want to enjoy my life from all aspects rather than sitting here and "googling" it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment