Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fun Pregnancy Facts

Since today happens to be one of those days that I am feeling energetic and enthused about my pregnancy I decided to search the Internet to find some fun and interesting facts about pregnancy....please enjoy!!!

1. The average age for a first time mother these days is 25-29 while it used to be 21 in 1970!

2. When a women is pregnant, her senses are all heightened. (Which explains why I can smell what my husband is eating even when I am not in the same room as him)

3. Your feet may grow 1-2 sizes during each pregnancy. ( I could not find out if they would go back to their original size, which on a positive note may mean lots of shoe shopping!!!)

4. Pregnancy messes with your hair growth pattern, causing you to have a fuller head of hair during pregnancy and experience increased hair loss afterward. Don't worry, your hair returns to its normal growth pattern about six months after delivery.

5. Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the U.S. are pregnant.

6. The largest surviving baby ever born weighed 14 pounds, 13 ounces and was nearly 23 inches in length. (That baby was born a toddler LOL)

7. While not all pregnant women will crave pickles and ice cream specifically, pregnancy cravings are rooted in the body’s extra need for minerals and comfort-inducing serotonin. ( Since I have been pregnant, I have been drinking nearly a gallon of orange juice a week...so delicious)

8.During pregnancy, the average woman’s uterus expands up to five hundred times its normal size. ( Try not to think about this one too much)

Tuesday is the most popular day for babies making their arrival in the world. ( we shall see if this is true for me).

No comments:

Post a Comment